What is Acne?
Acne has been one of the most frustrating skin problems that almost every person faces in life. People between 12 to 24 years are most prone to this skin disease. It is a skin disease through the oil glands situated at the base of hair follicles. It can occur on facial skin, neck, chest, shoulders, etc. Some people experience it for a short period of time, while, for some, it is a nightmare and they face it for years. They are not dangerous but they can damage your skin and leave scars behind after they are gone.
Reasons for Acne
- Hormonal factors are responsible for this condition. The main cause here is thought to be a rise in the Androgen levels. Androgen is a type of hormone whose levels rise in adolescence period causing acne.
- An unbalanced diet is also a major reason for the growth of pimples. Eating oily, over-sweet, etc. foods can cause acne.
- Inability to excrete(poop) smoothly or everyday may result in acne. When waste materials are not thrown out of the body your skin may try to throw the waste materials spoiling the blood. This results in the development of pimples on the skin.
- Keeping skin unclean may also result in acne.
- Tea, Coffee, Tobacco, Liquor can slow down the digestion process of your body. The body may find it difficult to operate the digestion process and removal of waste materials. This may result in the development of pimples.
Treatment for Acne at home
There are many home remedies available to treat pimples at home. However, it should be remembered that you should see a dermatologist if your skin has a severe problem. Most of the treatments recommended here have been found to be valuable in treating acne at home. We have listed below all the simple and easily available home remedies to get rid of acne.
Coriander and Mint Juice
Make 1 tablespoon of coriander juice by grinding it and take some amount of turmeric powder. Make a paste by mixing this 2 things and apply gently on your face and keep it overnight. Another method is to take 1 tablespoon of mint juice and some amount of turmeric powder and repeat the same process. Remember you have to follow either 1 of these 2 given processes. Do not follow both processes.
Crush pumpkin and apply it on your face or other affected area. Keep this for only 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off. Pumpkin acts as a tonic to our skin and can help the skin to heal the damage.
Crush fenugreek leaves and make them juicy. Apply the juice on your face and keep it overnight. Wash your face in the morning with mild water. This method can also help you to get rid of acne.
Gently rub your skin with garlic clove. This method not only helps you in getting rid of acne but also the scars on your face. It also helps to recover from a damaged skin. Additionally, you can also eat 3 cloves of garlic once in a day to treat your acne. Garlic helps in purifying the blood which will boost circulation of fresh blood in the body. The process of impurities developing under the skin follicles due to waste materials in the blood, will automatically stop as a result of eating garlic.
Green Tea has Anti-Microbial properties which can help cure the acne. Additionally, you can also use green tea as a face wash after it cools down. This will help you in getting rid of acne and germs on the skin.
Honey has Anti-Biotic properties which can help to fight against acne. You can apply a tablespoon of honey on the affected area and wash it after 30 minutes to get the desired results.
Applying lemon juice on the affected area also helps you in reducing pimples. It also reduces the redness and scars caused by the skin disease. Lemon juice is also used in the treatment of blackheads or tanning. The antibacterial property is a natural killer of acne and related problems.
Take an orange peel and put it inside water in a jar. Heat them both for some time. Now take out the orange peel and apply it on your face. This method has also been found to cure acne.
Photo Credits – Pixabay